RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have no power. I plugged it in and I tried the generator.

Customer Question
I have no power...

I have no power. I plugged it in and I tried the generator. Nothing. Only thing working is the fridge battery. Is there a main breaker I’m missing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

There isn’t anything. No fluctuating.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2012 coachmen rv. 24’

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I actually have it at a festival. It worked fine last weekend, this weekend nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/31/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of your generator? Did you check to see if the breaker(s) were tripped on that?

Ok what

Did you miss my questions?

I asked you what is the make and model of your generator and did you check the breaker(s) on the set to see if they were tripped?

I did check the fuses I could get out
There were 3 breakers. Is there a main breaker?

IN the generator itself. One or two depending on the make and model.

Why won’t it work plugged in?
I tried both ways

This works better if you can answer my questions. What is the make and model of the generator?

I really can't answer your question without knowing what I am working with here.

Ok I’ll message back when I get back over there. Thx

You are most welcome! I am around every day until about 9 p.m. Pacific.

Just checking back in to see if you needed more help on this?