RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Propane flame is lit, fridge isn't cooling. Dometic RV -

Customer Question
Propane flame is lit...

Propane flame is lit, fridge isn't cooling

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Dometic RV - Model RM 2452

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

22 ft Airstream b Safari, 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Safari yourself? What have you tried so far?

I do most myself. I have cleaned the orfice, but have never dealt with the coolant side.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's the important symptoms - orfice flame lit, no cooling. I've never operated it on 120 volt.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/31/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is the fridge level? And when was the last time you had the LP working pressure checked at the tank regulator? Low LP pressure can cause this.

Thanks Randall. Something important walked in the door while I was setting up this account, so I cannot continue with this now. TTYL. jsutro

O.K...……...just come back to it again later. No time limits.