RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Sw6de suburban rv water heater lights up 5seconds later goes…

Customer Question
Sw6de suburban rv water...

Sw6de suburban rv water heater lights up 5seconds later goes out wont stay lit

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The heater ignites 5 seconds later it goes out

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Suburban?

03 wildwood 5th wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes that's all so far hoping to some ideas from you

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 19 days ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me a few mins to type a response....

Robert

If it is lighting off and then will not stay lit it could be a LP pressure issue, electrode or circuit board problem.

Would be hard for you to check the LP pressure without a manomater so we have to assume the pressure is good. GO to the main tank and shut the valve for the LP, SLOLWY open it back up, sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure. Slowly open the valve then start the stove and try again.

Next I would make sure the electrode is 3/16" over the burner tube the electrode is what does the sparking and senses the flame, if it does not sense the flame it sends a signal to the board to shut down.

The circuit board is also suspect they do fail. A RV shop/store has the ability to check the board with a special board tester, these board fail all the time. On the Suburbans they are on the side of the water heater, follow the larger orange electrode wire and it will go right to the board, many times you have to go inside the RV and pull some drawers or a false panel to get at it.

Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the TOP of the page..... Robert

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 18 days ago

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT