RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My refrigerator in my Forest River Forester seems to not be…

Customer Question
Hi, my refrigerator in...

Hi, my refrigerator in my Forest River Forester seems to not be cooling and now I am experiencing trouble with my microwave warming food.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Forester?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet, just been googling/figuring out how to troubleshoot it.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 26 days ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO normally we answer per issue and not sure on the microwave or if this issue is tied together..

On the fridge what is the Make and Model? Have you tried running it on BOTH AC power and LP (propane)

Thanks... Robert

Got it.... IT is a RM 1350.....

So have you tried running it on BOTH LP and AC power?

Robert

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Not LP just bc it makes me a bit nervous, I have it an auto so I would think it would just switch over to LP if AC power isn't working?

OK...

Please give me several mins to type a response, it takes time to type an answer and have allot to cover here.

Robert

So troubleshooting the fridge is a process of elimination. IT matters if it cools on LP and not AC power or if it does not cool good on both sources. IF it does not cool as well on LP it could be a thermistor issue, fans not coming on, bad cooling unit or door seals. I would advise you to run it on LP and see if it cools. IT will take a good 4-6 hours for the box to cool off as well.

When you are in Auto it should always want to run on AC power, if you lost the AC power the fridge would default to LP and when the AC restored it will switch back.

Some items you can check.... On the back of the fridge you should have some fans, you should hear them cycling on and off, if not that would be a problem.

Make sure the fridge is very level, if a RV sits un-level then the cooling unit can become blocked, when a cooling unit becomes blocked it normally needs to be replaced.

Check the door seals. Get a dollar bill and close it between the seals, the bill should not fall in any areas, if so then it is just an area where warm area can get in and affect the cooling.

If it does not cool off on LP after 4-6 hours and it is a 2018 I would have this looked at under warranty, if there are any issues It would be covered free of charge.

IF you had the RV sitting un-level I would NOT disclose that to a shop or they can pin the blame on you. Last thing you want is to be stuck paying for a cooling unit.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

ROBERT

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 24 days ago

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT