RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2007 Winnebago outlook class C motor home. My issue…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Winnebago outlook class C motor home.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

My issue is I have a water leak somewhere in the upper left corner of the motor home. It has saturated the wood panel that the fiberglass side attaches to. does Winnebago have any previous complatints about the same issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlook yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not done anything but try to seal up around the top corner and pulled the fiberglass away from wood

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/30/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

I don't see any common complaints or recalls for this myself here.

Usually, it is the roof that develops a leak in it at one point causing the water to leak down into the wood paneling like your seeing here. If you have not had the roof checked and resealed yet ( as allot of times the roof should be resealed at this age ) this needs to be done. All it takes is the smallest crack in the sealant on the roof or a pinhole to cause this issue here.

You want to make sure you are sealed properly around the vents as well as the ac units at the roof as well as sometimes movement around these when driving over time can cause a leak with the old sealant cracking or chipping away.

But this does sound like a roof leak as I have seen several times before in the past and had to repair, unfortunately. Further inspection may show the leak but in some cases, it is so small it can be hard to see and resealing it will resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

This looks like design issue
The side panel the roof and the front piece all meet in the same areaIs Winnebago doing anything to assist customers any kind of recall

I don't see any recalls or bulletins on this myself here but a dealer would have the most up to date info on any recalls or bulletins.You will want to contact a dealer and they can tell you for free over the phone in most cases if any bulletins or recalls or coverage is being done to correct this fault here to be sure.This is the best way to find this out for sure.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete