RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1983 Sportcraft on a Ford chasis the solinoid that switches…

Customer Question
1983 Sportcraft on a...

1983 Sportcraft on a Ford chasis the solinoid that switches power from the main battery, where/ how is it switched? I just have a loose wire

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Nothing to do with voltage? The wire that controls the soliniod is not hooked to anything

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1983 1 ton

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just have a loose wire

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: RV
5/30/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 25 days ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can. My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long. If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Due to this being an older model the info you're looking for may be difficult to obtain and in some cases has to be obtained from a shop or dealer. In some cases, they will need to inspect your model here to see if they can locate this solenoid. Usually, it is located near the batteries. If this is not an option or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Sorry this is no help

Unfortunately, this is all of the info I have on this myself here.Others here may be able to help further on this with the information you need.I will opt out and open your question up to everyone else here to see if they can help with this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thanks
RV Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 19 days ago
eric remington

H​ello I have repaired over 30000 vehicles in my career and I need to ask you questions since I am not there in person to gather facts, data, or to test your vehicle. I may ask you to perform testing in my stead. If testing is needed and you would rather not perform testing I can give my best advice.

RV Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 19 days ago

i dont have schematics for you vehicle can you send a pic?