RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Wiring pull down on drivers front side after tire and the…

Customer Question
Wiring pull down on...

Wiring pull down on drivers front side after tire blowout and the highness that holds wiring up is damaged

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

4 on prior problems

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2014 Montana fifth wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had three Goodyear tires blowout on a trip this week last weekend and I’m talking to the insurance company but I have a $1000 deductible but I don’t know if you see a problem with the tires the seems of the Goodyear tires that are on here are not very good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t know what to do do you Sarah Goodyear tires were recalled or not because it’s very unusual for three tires to go all at once

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/29/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

You would need to ask Keystone about that. And I have not heard of any other unit blowing 3 tires at once. Pretty rare unless the tires are old and brittle. How old are they?

The MFG date is encoded on them. Not necessairly the date you bought the trailer.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!