RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2014 Montana domestic dual zone thermastat o power. When I…

Customer Question
2014 Montana domestic...

2014 Montana domestic dual zone thermastat o power

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

When I bought this unit all servicing was purpose to be done. my RV man check all electrical in working

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The thermastat never worked right from day one the dual zone did not work

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 21 days ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Ok

What does it do when you ask for cooling?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I can’t answer that because it never worked right. If I go buy another it will cost 200 and no returns
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Nothing

Which thermostat is this? A Comfort Control II? Did you check the furnace fuse as that is where this gets the DC power into it?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
This is run on a cable like a phone cable

Yes, they all use that RJ-11 cable.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I don’t know where is it?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
To use the air we have to turn off the furnace breaker
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Is the switch in the fuse box or out side in the furnace area
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Are u there

Yes. I had to take a phone chat.

I am still trying to find out which thermostat you have? That controls both the furnace and the A/C units. Attach a photo of that to your response. Or we can do a $9 phone chat and you can text it to me and discuss the diagnosis procedure. Much faster.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
There is no serial # or date just domestic thermastat dual zone. 1 zone for both AC’s and the second zone for the furnace

That isn't how it works. One zone has both an A/C and furnace. Usually zone 1. And the 2nd zone is for the other A/C. Do we know if there is any 12 VDC to this or not? We can use a small digital multimeter and an old style phone jack or some testing. I usually like to do this over a phone chat. Makes it easier and faster.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
What do you mean use a phone jack?
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 20 days ago

An old style phone jack allows us to test the cord more easily.

Most any hardware has these. That and a meter allows us to test this.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I plugged in my phone jack it lights up but no line

I think this would be easier over a phone chat.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I can’ do it. All my $ is spoken for. Thanks anyways

Let me get you a written instruction when I can get to my computer.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Ok

Give me about 30 minutes.

See the attached link for that instruction on using the phone jack to check the cable. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ccc5.pdf

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I just went out and bought a new unit. It is Dometic Comfort Control Center 2 thermostat. Model #(###) ###-####000 black. If I ping it in and that is not the problem I can not take the $200 unit back. That is why i

You don't need the thermostat. Just hook up the phone jack to the cord and test it for power. That comes from the A/C. There may have been nothing wrong with the old one! That is what testing is for.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Being sarcastic doesn’t help the situation. You where incorrect that is why I sent you the info on the dual zone thermastat.
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 19 days ago

I don't see me really being able to help you. I will opt out and let another tech offer something if they can.