RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have no 12v power in house. 2007 vista cruiser mini, by golf…

Customer Question
Have no 12v power...

Have no 12v power in house

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2007 vista cruiser mini, by golf stream

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Have power from main circuit breakers but not at fuse panel

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Checked both

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Manual does not show much, just the panel
5/29/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 27 days ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO do you have a battery disconnect switch inside the unit? A battery disconnect switch isolates the DC power. IF you have that switch then you have a solenoid and that could be the problem that is why I am asking if you have a main disconnect.

Robert

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Just pulled main disconnect and have no power there
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No power there

SO when you say main disconnect do you have a manual switch at the battery or a solenoid?

Robert

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Have power at solenoid on both sides

I want to make sure you have the right solenoid. DO you have an interior switch for that disconnect if so when you hit the switch you should loose power on one side of the solenoid.

Robert

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Don't have any power at all

Can you please be a little more detailed on this. When you shut the disconnect switch OFF you do not have any power on both sides of the solenoid, but when you turn the switch ON you have power on both sides? Normally one side is ALWAYS hot or has power the other side has power when you hit the disconnect switch. You have to check for voltage one EACH post to chassis ground.

Robert

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Neither 1 has power

And with the switch ON they both have power?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
NO POWER. anywheres

DO you have an interior disconnect switch?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Power at solenoid bit not at disconnect switch

That makes no sense. IF you have power across the solenoid you should have power at the switch.

Power comes from the battery to the solenoid, you hit the switch inside and then you have power across the solenoid, if you only have power on one side and not the other you can get a small insulated wire and jump the large posts and see if the power comes on. Solenoids do fail. IF you have voltage out of the solenoid then I would be looking for a breaker on that cable coming out of the solenoid, if you have NO voltage to the solenoid look for a breaker between the battery and solenoid. Below is one style of breaker you may find.

Robert

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 25 days ago

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT