RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I just bought a TRAILER, and the fridge is pulling a check…

Customer Question
Hello, I just bought...

Hello, I just bought a TRAILER, and the fridge is pulling a check sign while Hooked up electricity.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

How do I fix this!

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I will look

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It’s a pretty old trailer, and we are redoing it Dometic RM2611

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/29/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO when you are plugged into shore power it should always want to run on AC power, if you loose the AC power then it will default to LP, if it fails to light off on LP then the check light will come on.

The fridge uses DC power to turn on. It does not care if it is plugged into the outlet to turn on and work on LP.

So if it is defaulting to LP make sure the outlet the fridge is plugged into has power, this would be located under the outside access panel. IF the outlet has power unplug the cord from the outlet, you will see a circuit board, remove the cover and check the fuses, one fuse is for the DC power or what allows the fridge to turn ON, the other is for AC power. Make sure the plug is unplugged as you do not want to touch the AC fuse when plugged in.

The fridge should still be lighting off on LP. Click HERE for a service manual and see symptom check light on, that will walk you through troubleshooting. I would clean the burner tube out really good and make sure the electrode is adjusted properly. Go to the LP tank and shut the valve, slowly open it back up, sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure. Slowly open the valve.

The service manual should help you out on this.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the top of the page....

ROBERT

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT