RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The electric lift went bad, the gears. I bought new one and…

Customer Question
The electric lift went...

The electric lift went bad, the gears. I bought new one and said connect to battery. It keeps blowing the 30 amp fuse and now nothing. Was able to use one time. Could I have bad one or m I hooking wrong. The very same one I bought was same one on when T bought camper new 3 years ago. Any suggestions

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Just has one fuse on wire from lift to battery and it is a 30 amp.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

298RE 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I order new lift

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This past fall when I put up for winter and install the new left but did not use till now. It said to wire to battery, is that right

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/29/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 19 days ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of the bed lift? And one battery or two and were you plugged into shore power when you tried this?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
It is a RAM and only one Battery. The camper is only 3 years old. I replaced with same kind that came off.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
It has a 30AMP fuse and blew it the first time then lifted my camper but then when ready to leave, blew fuse again and now nothing

One battery is usually not adequate for any motor operated units and especially if you weren't plugged into shore power.

Do you have or can you get a small digital multimeter for some testing? That would be the fastest way to track down the problem.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
No, same place plug in as when bought new and has always been one battery, I wired to box just like it was

Any unit with motorized equipment is supposed to have two batteries. Most dealers are too cheap to install the second one.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
The only answer I guess would be to take to dealer

If you don't want to get a meter and test this I suppose so.

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic