RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2015 SS Agile. Just got it back from having it…

Customer Question
Hi, We have a...

Hi, We have a 2015 SS Agile. Just got it back from having it serviced, and they said everything was working with the inverter. When we plug it in at home and turn the inverter to "Power Saver Off", after a few minutes we get a high pitched sound. The blue screen on the inverter at the back displays a faulty inverter triangle with the 04 code. Our local RV service dealer doesn't seem to be able to fix this RV. Any ideas? Ellen

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

04. I do not know how to reset it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SS yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, We just got it back from LaMesa RV in Albuquerque, New Mexico. They said everything with the inverter was working fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The reason we took in in for service originally was that the inverter stopped working - everything shut down - and was overheating.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/28/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

OK, what do you need?

Most inverter issues are a result of batteries that are failing or have dirty cables. How many do you have here? How old are they? And what is the make and model of this inverter?

We bought the RV in Oct 2014. The inverter is a Power Star LW. I can't see the serial number, but RS-232 is printed on the side. It is black.

So this is an after market unit? Let me look it up and get back to you.

We have 2 batteries.

They have a lot of models and that number doesn't help here. How many watts is this?

12/110V - 3000 watt, 45 amp

Let me see if I can find something here.

I cannot find any thing like that online. All the models I see are 24 vDC. Was this OEM installed equipment?

I downloaded the Power Star LW manual from https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0408/8521/files/614-00024-01_LW_LCD_USER_MANUAL.pdf. I tried to upload it to this site and send it to you, but it froze my response.
What does OEM mean?
As far as I know, this RoadTrek vehicle came with this unit installed.

Original Equipment Manufacturer. I could not get that link to work. I guess you can try Roadtrek. I cannot find anything on this and it may have been discontinued. I think you might try a better quality unit for an inverter/charger. These are made in China and from the price it looks to be a lower end unit. Xantrex or Magnum make some quality units. But they are twice the price of what I think this sold for.

OK. Bye

10-4