RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2016 Montana 3791 RD, just got it parked, all

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 Montana 3791 RD, just got it parked, all slides went out except the right rear, it started out maybe a foot then started clicking! What could be the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

This is the first time I have had a issue, the noise seems to be coming from the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t done anything to it, I brought it back in, and tried extending it back out, but it stopped at the same location again. I looked under the slide to see if anything had slide under during travel, nothing was there, area was clean. Wanted to contact a service representative

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/28/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Plugged into shore power or not? One battery or two? And is this system all electric or are these hydraulic slide rooms? If so, the name on the motor and pump assy would be helpful here. And check the tank to be sure that there is fluid in the tank.

Plugged into shore power, these slides have cables

Two cables on each side? That sounds like these are BAL Accuslide units. See the attached manual link for the Service Manual. Print this out if you can. http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/accuslide/accuslide_service-manual.pdf

These have been having some gearbox issues and some are having frayed cables that get stuck in the pulley system. The fact that this seem to work fine up until the same point again seems like the latter. Can you take the trim off over top of the room so you can access the motor and gear box and cable adjustments?

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!