RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Basement AC is cutting on and off rapidly when it reaches…

Customer Question
Basement AC is cutting...

Basement AC is cutting on and off rapidly when it reaches the low temp it is set to .... instead of staying off and waiting until it reaches a degree higher before starting up again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Itbis pulling down to temo.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

Would it do that if the freon was low?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its a 2002 Winnie Journey

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its a Basement AC.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/28/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is this a 2 ton Coleman unit?

See the attached link for a copy of the Service Manual. Print it out so you have it. You need a small digital multimeter for some testing. Follow the trouble shooting guide step by step. Let me know what you find and I can give you more direction here. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. http://www.rvcomfort.com/pdf_documents/1976323_copy8.pdf

Actually it is an Airxcel RVP 2 ton unit 6535 series

Same manual.

When it reaches the low temp set it will cycle on and off fairly rapidly and loudly as the compressors and fans stop and start.

Look at the manual for those symptoms. Follow the guide for testing.

I have studied the manual. (I already have a copy printed.) It does not have any info on this symptom

That can be caused by several things. It is most often in the thermostat, but it can be a board issue as well. Did you get to where you can observe the lights and run the diagnostic check list?

Just checking back in to see how this was going and if that information proved helpful here?