RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We had the passenger back tire blow on our 2016 keystone…

Customer Question
We had the passenger...

We had the passenger back tire blow on our 2016 keystone passport BH 3320. it blew the electrical to the passenger slide out which holds the fridge and oven. took it to a mechanic who said after they took the underbelly off that there seems to be a "electrical box" that's not there. they stated that they asked for the "plans" and was not giving by the manufacture - my question how do i get the answer if there was a main box that was there? or the map of the electoral aspects. thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

We fixed the tires. that 's not the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passport yourself? What have you tried so far?

We took it to a place that does class a and b. we tired one rv place but they stated they are busy til june. i don't think we have the knowledge to do it ourself. but want to know or get a head start if we where to take it somewhere else.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: RV
5/28/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 22 days ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
hi

No way to know that without some help from the manufacturer OR someone who is good with electrical circuits and can figure this out from the wiring that is there. I have these repairs in my shop all the time and I am fortunate to have a tech who is good with sorting these things out. Some shops don't have people that can do this.

Can you attach some photos of that damaged area and the electrical wiring that was damaged?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
i'll load them.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
done
IMG_0660.JPGIMG_0660.JPGIMG_0868.JPGIMG_0868.JPGIMG_0869.JPGIMG_0869.JPGIMG_0871.JPGIMG_0871.JPGIMG_0874.JPGIMG_0874.JPG

Let me take a look at them and get back to you shortly...….

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 20 days ago

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you yesterday. It was a zoo on here and at my shop. I looked at your photos and it doesn't look that bad. I have had a lot worse. Most of these can be matched up using wire size and colors. Do you have some basic tools or can get some? I can direct you in this and would suggest a phone chat for that portion.