RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a double refridge in out Outback. It was fine 2

Customer Question
We have a double...

We have a double refridge in out Outback. It was fine 2 weeks ago. Now neither fridge works on electric. They both seem to work fine on gas. If on elec, the gas igniter snaps and after a short period of time both lights come. It is odd to me that both friges quit the same way at the same time. The camper is a '16 and we have never used the 2nd fridge, other than turning it on for a short time then off again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The lights on the top front.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Outback?

'16

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm trying to fix it myself. We are going camping on Wednesday. I've tried changing the power cord (to the camper). Bled the gas line. Tried re-setting both fridges several times.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the Fridge???

Robert

Dometic 2528

Did you mean RM 2852?

That looks right. I am away from the camper and in the house.

Got it. I am familiar with the Dometics...

SO the exact problem is when it is in AUTO and plugged into power it will not work on AC power, it is defaulting to gas?

Thanks. Robert

I must ask as well not to common to have 2 fridges in a RV is that something that came with the unit?

Robert

I do not want you to call me. This sounds like a money making gimmick to me! This is the second year of use. What about a warrantee? It appears to be defaulting to gas. Yes, the camper came with a double unit.

I can assure this is not a gimmick, I have been a RV tech for over 20 years and have been working on this site for 10 years.

The call is an additional service the company provides to each customer, some customers like that.

IF you do not want to continue on please let me know as I could be helping other RV owners.

I can tell you what to look for if it is defaulting to LP......

ROBERT

Go ahead. I want my $5 worth.
Are you still there?
Hello! Hello!

IT is NOT 5 dollars, I would not be answering questions with over 20 years experience for 5 dollars, the 5 dollars is to get to talk to a RV expert.

Click HERE for customer service then can assist you.

ROBERT

Never mind! So much for your 20 years experience! And, I'm stopping payment of the $5 and anything else that you attempt to charge on my card. I am NOT 100% satisfied!!

OK....

Have a nice day and good luck to you.