RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I replaced the cooktop and now it does not iatch down. It…

Customer Question
I replaced the cooktop...

I replaced the cooktop and now it does not iatch down. It pops up

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It's not a noise. It's the catch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2001 jayco class C

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just told U. I replaced the stove top

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/27/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 26 days ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Make and model of this cooktop? Same part number as before?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
It'll take a min. to look up the part number

And I need the make and model number of the cooktop.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Atwood 52014 Range Top

Let me look it up and get back to you.

That is a side latching version and fits those models as per the attached link. Is this the one you had before? https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/atwood-wedgewood-white-range-top-52014

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
link not working
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I got it from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KHA2WOA/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Open up the top and give me the model number off the data tag.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
rv 1731w1pw

That is the problem. That top is not for that model.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
it's the part number in the parts list

I went to two sites and they don't show that as one of the ranges that this top fits. Let me do some more checking and get back to you later...…..

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok

I think the part you need is #52635 and see the exploded view parts list attached here. http://www.laurelhurstdistributors.com/parts/ranges/a_RV1731.html

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok thanks for the help

That might be hard to find. You might be able to get a good one on e-Bay or at a place like Colaw RV Salvage or Visonerv.com and I can check my sources and see if they might have one. And you are most welcome!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I think I can find it. Thanks for the info

10-4

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 24 days ago

Just checking back in to see if you found a top for your stove?