RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a 2017 Alpine 3651 RL. Lost power for an hour and a…

Customer Question
Good afternoon. Have...

Good afternoon. Have a 2017 Alpine 3651 RL. Lost power for an hour and a half this afternoon and also lost refrigerator. Checked both inverters and both were on. System says that battery has 13.6 charge. Why did I lose power to refrigerator?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No...rarely goes out. Fluttered a little bit before going completely out.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

It's an Alpine 3651 RL.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

It depends on what you tell me may be the problem! The refrigerator is now working that we have the power back, but my question is...why did the battery not keep the frig going as the battery has full charge and the inverters were on?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What additional info?

Make and model of this fridge? Make and model of the charging system? Are you plugged into shore power or not?

Any adapters being used on the shore cord?

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!