RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need to replace the cooling unit on my Norcold

Customer Question
I need to replace...

I need to replace the cooling unit on my Norcold refrigerator. Model DE0061 or EV0061.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

SN: 14328524 Was put on my boat 2009. Part # 638398 or 639358 or###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it doesn't require any special hookup. If you think I need a refrigerant specialist then I will still need the cooling unirt

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/27/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

ok im waiting
I was told I only had to pay $5 to get info on getting a cooling unit for my Norcold.

SO not to bad to change these out. You would need to remove the fridge and do it on a bench. I can say that the cost of a new cooling unit will be over 1/2 of what a new fridge will cost so something to keep in mind. The cooling unit should be a sealed unit meaning it should never need to be recharged, when they leak out or become blocked they have to be replaced.

We do not sell parts here but if you click HERE you can obtain the cooling unit.

Hope this helps..... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

I would not be answering questions for 5 dollars, the 5 dollars is a deposit to get to talk to an expert. IF you are not satisfied let me know and I can direct you to customer service.

ROBERT

I am not satisfied, please direct me to customer service.

Click HERE

Have a nice day.

Robert