RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

RV hand flush toilet -valve on water supply {back of toilet)

Customer Question
RV hand flush toilet...

RV hand flush toilet -valve on water supply {back of toilet) -Glue in water connecter adapter--on valve is leaking- .Wat kind of glue ? Nothing sticks .

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

I am referring to a Rv camping trailer toilet. Water for flushing.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Thorns-2008 Zinger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

3 types of glue-valve is made of a poly or Teflon type material nothing sticks . All regular plumbing glues will not work. .original adapter was glued in so I assume there is a proper glue. Yes I am fixing myself. 5 minuite fix with right glue .

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

None that I know of and I have an RV repair shop. When these break it is usually from freezing and we just have to replace the whole valve. What is the model of your toilet?

Perhaps an epoxy might work, but I have never tried using that in my shop.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!