RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2005 Fleetwood Folding Trailer, Highlander Series,

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Fleetwood Folding Trailer, Highlander Series, Niagara Model. I have a leaking hose or fitting under the flooring of the slide out. There appears to be a water line to the outdoor shower that was damaged when I pulled out the slide. When I connected to a pressurized park water line, I could hear a leak and water was dripping from under the trailer and slightly inside from the slide area as well. I thought I would ask the best way to access and repair the leak. I looked at the interior bench/table and see a medal edging and a 6-7” finished board that might be removable.

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Under the flooring ring of the slide out. Definitely water

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Highlander?

2005, Highlander, Niagara

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I want to do the repair myself. am seeking help deciding the best way to access the water line or fittings to repair them

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/26/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I prefer email

I have an RV shop and do these sorts of repairs, but each and every one is slightly different. It would help if I could see some photos of that area and then I can make some suggestions for you. Can you attach some to your response? Or we can have a phone chat later and you can text them to me. I do have to leave in a few minutes and will be gone the rest of the afternoon and will return this evening and then be back online again. Will that work for you or not?

I will open the camper and take some photos. When I have them I guess I open the app, sign in and attach the photos?

Yes. That will work. I can see those when I return and offer some repair advice here. It may be about 6:30 Pacific time. I will make you a phone chat offer and we can do that later too. Totally optional.

I figured out how to access the plumbing. A compression fitting between the pump and the pressure regulator was broken and leaking. I went to Home Depot and found what I needed to fix the connection. Nonsense in calling or sending photos.

No problem...……..glad you got it resolved! Thanks for letting me know.