RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The refrigerator is bbeping and saying no co. 1200LR

Customer Question
The refrigerator is bbeping...

The refrigerator is bbeping and saying no co

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

1200LR Norcold. Serial number(###) ###-#### 14 years old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like too

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not working on propane either

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/26/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you go remove the outside access panel and tell me if you see a small black box with a LED light on it, need to know if the light is on, it would be RED.

Thanks, Robert

No light on

OK

Please give me several mins to type a response......

Robert

ok

Many of these Norcold 1200's had a recall with a small black box, click HERE to view, if you do not see that box it really should be taken care of. IF you stumble upon that box and the light is ON you can reset it with a magnet and the info I sent will tell you how to do that.

The NO CO means no cooling detected by the controls. Sometimes when a cooling unit fails you can see this code. Make sure you do not smell ammonia or see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked. A blockage you might not have any symptoms but that code will keep coming up.

In order for you to clear that code you need to do a procedure at the circuit board and it will depend on the STYLE board you have. The board is located under the outside access panel. Click HERE and HERE to view the procedures. IF the code clears and comes back you will need to have this looked at.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Hi. Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert