RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Ac is leaking. It's a 2015 its parked at a permanent site.

Customer Question
Ac is leaking Mechanic's...

Ac is leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

It's a 2015 its parked at a permanent site

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 RV?

Puma

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ice on the coils

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ran all night non stop

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/26/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Hi Randall

The freeze sensor may have fallen out of the evaporator OR it may be bad. Or if you run it on too cold a setting and low fan speed it can ice up from not moving enough air though it. What is the make and model of this A/C? And do you have ceiling controls or a wall mounted thermostat?

Dometic and wall thermostat
No thank you

Does this have a central return air grill underneath it? Air filter there?

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some more help here?