RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a brand new refrigerator in my horse trailer, my

Customer Question
I have a brand...

I have a brand new refrigerator in my horse trailer, my power convertor went out causing me some trouble with the refrigerator. I got a new heating element abd it works perfect on the gas sid, however only the freezer works on the electrical side help please need trailer next week for about three weeks

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Not a vehicle a dometic refrigerator

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Element?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Element yourself? What have you tried so far?

The element has been changed causing the refrigerator and freezer to work on gas side, but only the freezer works on the eletrical side

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The power convertor went out before i had these troubles, i also changed the fuses

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/26/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

ok what do you need

What is the model of this fridge?

Are you sure that the heating element is the correct one for this fridge? These some in a variety of watt ratings and that one may not be high enough.

Element came from dometic

Do you have the part number and the model number of the fridge?

model #DM2652 Ser # MB74701351 product ####-##-####Part replaced #(###) ###-####kit,svc heater

See the attached link for a copy of the Dometic Service Manual for this model. Print this out so you have it. The heating element should ohm out at 44 ohms. And you should check the AC voltage at the terminals for the heating element off the board. Let me check on that part number. http://www.nancyemmert.com/region6/Resources/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

package states 120V,325W-6/8CF

That should be the correct part number and watts. I would check it for ohms to be sure it isn't defective. And then if that checks out I would test the thermistor to sure that isn't out of range. Submerge the fridge end in a glass of ice water and pull the cover off the control board and take the thermistor plug out of the board. Top of the upper left hand corner on the bottom plug. Check it for ohms. You want to see between 8K and 10K ohms. See what the reads.

Just checking back in to see how this was going and if this information was useful?