RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have no power to start it. We just bought it and drove it…

Customer Question
We have no power...

We have no power to start it. We just bought it and drove it home. We replaced the 12volt battery. and nothing not even a click when turning the key to start it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

The power is consistent but we do have couch power not engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

1998 fleetwood southwind 36z with chevy engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are just trying to get it started so we can take it in to have them look at it. We have replaced all the fuses in the fuse box in the engine. but still it is completely dead.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We replaced the 12 volt battery the two 6 volt are working.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/25/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That is usually just a matter of hitting the battery disconnect switch and putting the battery back into the charging loop. Most are on the dash or on the wall by the entry door. Some say "Use" and "Store" on them. See if that isn't the problem and then get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!