RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I actually have a RV and its a 1989 Ford with a 460 Engine…

Customer Question
Hi there.. I actually...

Hi there.. I actually have a RV and its a 1989 Ford with a 460 Engine in it. I replaced the starter solenoid today and after turning the key and attempting to start. I fried some wires. Off the negative battery terminal there is a connector plug that has three wires. two are black with green tracer and then 1 solid black... can't see where they go. engine will turn over but wont start. not sure what the connector is and the three wires. i'm trying to locate a schematic and see if I can bypass and repair the melted wires so my girl friend can go camping this weekend.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

It was in Park. I never tried Neutral. after I smoked and fried that connector off the negative terminal i've been trying to trace them.. checked fuses and breakers.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '89 Ford?

Its an RV a Winnebago. has a 460 motor so i figure it's on a 1 ton chassy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've been looking for a schematic first off. I need to know what connector is running off the negative battery cable. round connector with three wires. I have seen it before but I don't recall where?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When the key is turned to run position. motor turns over and doesn't fire. when I turn the key to off position the motor is still cranking but not starting

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 day by:
5/26/2018
RV Mechanic: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am the category moderator.
I notice that your question has been sitting for a while without a response.
Are you still needing help with this matter?
Rachel-Moderator
I’m still looking for answers. I thought that is what I was waiting on since this was a pay for advice site? Perhaps I’m wrong.
RV Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago
eric remington

CAn you tell if fuel pump is operating? have you check all fuses with a testlight or meter?

RV Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago

need help?