RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2004 Mandalay 40B with 4 slides HWH Hydraulic ram…

We have a 2004...

We have a 2004 Mandalay 40B with 4 slides HWH Hydraulic ram ro open and close. Our living room slide all of the malfunctioned when retracting... one side was coming in and one side was pushing out so it went crooked. We couldn't get it straight with the switch, so we had to disconnect the hydraulic line to manually push it in with the help of 6 people. We are trying to find a local repair shop to help check this out but today when we went to slide out the bedroom slide to get something out of a cupboard the living room slide started to slide out?? The one we pushed in manually after it malfunctioned. I briefly pressed the button on the other slides and the same thing happens, not matter if you hit retract or extend on any of the 4 slide controls it only wants to retract the living room slide our crooked?? HELP!

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ram?

I think the same as the coach 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

All we did was manually push the living room slide in with the help of 6 people like I said we wanted to get in in for service but today when the turned the key for the bedroom slide it started to extend the living room slide again and it wont retract now! Its our about a foot but its going crooked so I don't want to push any buttons for fear it will get worse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not sure what else to say trying to find out why this is happening and how to stop it and fix it ....I cannot move the rv to get it to a shop with it open a foot and I cannot close it by my self

5/25/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
ok thank you
Phone call session started

Call some of the local RV parks and find out who does mobile work that has a good reputation. The racking valve is acting up when this happens. DON'T disconnect any lines again! That can be very dangerous! That fluid is under about 3,000 psi pressure and can cut you to the bone. Leave this to the professionals. Let me know what they say. Probably very busy right now with the holiday coming.