RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The fridge in the trailer is propane, with a battery on the…

The fridge in the...

The fridge in the trailer is propane, with a battery on the trailer to start it. The fridge is now flashing 5 times and then on for a few seconds and then flashing 5 x again. Any thoughts....

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Oh my, probably 15 yrs old, It is a Norcold. Serial #(###) ###-####. And a mode# ***** does that help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maaayyyybbeee.....

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so.

5/24/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me a few mins to type a response....

Thank you.

Robert

The code you are seeing means no cooling detected by the controls. In order to get this code to clear you need to reset the circuit board and it will depend on which style board you have. The circuit board is under the outside access panel. Below are the procedures for resetting the board. IF you reset the board and the code comes back on there is a problem. Sometimes you see this code when a cooling unit fails. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a rupture you may smell ammonia or see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge. For a blockage you would not see any symptoms. Make sure the fridge is level.

Click HERE and HERE for the reset procedures.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Thanks. ROBERT

Thanks, I’m going to let my husband see this and try the reset!!!

Sounds good, let me know if you need more help on this, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can.

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
IT WORKED!!!!! Thank you so much!!!

Thanks for the update, glad it worked out...

Have a great Holiday weekend!!

Robert