RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Refrigerator reading high temp switch is open onnour 2007…

Refrigerator reading high temp...

Refrigerator reading high temp switch is open onnour 2007 Fleetwood Excursion. Code L1 and then oP comes on. Where is this switch located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

L1. Then, in a few seconds it has a oP code show up and refrigerator beeps/beeps!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Reset breaker.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Where the high temp sensor switch is located on our 2007 Fleetwood Excursion so we can get our refrigerator going

5/23/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the model of the fridge? Should be a sticker inside the door. Normally the Norcold's have that code but need the model number.

Robert

I am not with the rv at the moment. Friend took it trying to look at it right quick. Would the switch be on the refrigerator itself or elsewhere on the rv?

Give me a few mins to type a response.....

Robert

The high limit would be on the back side of the fridge under the outside access panel. Pull that outside panel down and look for a small black box, on the box will be a led light. If the RED light is ON the high limit tripped. The high limit can go off if you had a high temp condition OR low voltage. To reset get a pick up magnet and hold it right above the light on the sensor for 10-15 seconds. Inside the box is a reed switch and many times you can get them to reset by holding the magnet on the sensor. Click HERE and have a look, this will give you even more info on this. IF you get the light to go out but only comes back on after running the fridge you will need to have it looked at, it is telling you there is a problem.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page. YOU can still follow up as needed. Robert

Let me know if you need more help on this, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can.

Robert

Thanks. We will try this and pray it works!!!

Let me know if you need more help....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
He said he got it going! Thank you!

Thanks for the update, glad I could help out.... Robert