RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

NORCOLD 1200LRIN - switches from electric to gas and back to…

NORCOLD 1200LRIN - switches...

NORCOLD 1200LRIN - switches from electric to gas and back to electric. In electric it is not cooling properly and the fans are not running. There is power to the refer and the controls in the refer door indicate that all is well.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

I have turned it on and off, but only briefly not for a few hours.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If your suggestion doesn't work this weekend will be a bust. Wish me luck

5/23/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So is the fridge switching to LP and back to electric on it's own? OR are you saying it appears to be working on both LP and AC power but it is not cooling?

Robert

It switches both in auto and manually, but isn't cooling in A.C. mode and I don't believe the fans are running

OK

So the big question is will it cool off on LP???

Robert

OK

Please give me a few mins to type a response....

Robert

No problem

IF it cools good on LP but not AC power then I would checking the AC element, it will go into the flue canister and can be ohmed out, click HERE and see page 15, the wires run from the flue canister to the circuit board under the outside access panel. IF you unplug the wires from the board ohm the wires going back to the element you should have 58 to 68 ohms.

IF it checks out good and is still not cooling then you could have a bad circuit board it may not be sending voltage to the element.

As far as the fans they should cycle on and off, that is controlled by a thermostatic disc and when the temps raise it will kick on. IF you feel they are not coming on what you can do for now is put a small portable fan pointing upwards to help with air flow. In a sense it is good it is cooling on LP if it was not cooling on LP then it could have been a cooling unit problem.

I would check that AC heating element to start, the service manual should help you out.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

ROBERT

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic