RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My refrigerator in my RV quit working and my light is

My refrigerator in my...

My refrigerator in my RV quit working and my green light is flashing 3times

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

8 years old and make is a Norcold model # N611RT

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that I can't hear it running

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/22/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

IS the ON light flashing the 3 times?

Robert

OK..

Please give me a few mins to type a response back...

Robert

Waiting

The flashing 3 times means AC heater failure, with this code it is going to be a problem with the AC heating element that goes into the flue canister OR the lower circuit board which is located outside under the access panel is the problem. IF you have a volt meter you can ohm out the AC heating element, click HERE and see page 18. IF the element test good I am afraid the circuit or power board outside will need to be replaced on this, pretty cut and dry on the troubleshooting.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

ROBERT

I KNOW YOU ARE WAITING GOING AS FAST AS I CAN.

Does there have to be propane in my tanks for it to work

For it to run on LP yes...... The code you are seeing is for the AC side. IF the board is bad then it will not work on LP. When you are plugged into power and it does not sense the AC power and you are in auto it should try to light off on LP. You can try the LP mode and see what happens, if you get the same fault then probably the board is bad but I would try and ohm out the AC element if you can.

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thank you so much for your help!