RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold refrigerator Model 1200LRIM, S/n 883404FB, 120VAC is…

Norcold refrigerator Model 1200LRIM...

Norcold refrigerator Model 1200LRIM, S/n 883404FB, 120VAC is plugged in and live with shore power. The 12V control panel on the front alarm is sounding, I have it in manual AC mode, fault code AC/no is flashing. I cannot shut off the refrigerator using the ON/OFF switch. The interior of the unit has warmed to ambient temp. Ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

The frig has a new Dutch Aire helium coil installed which has been working fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2001 Monaco Signature Supreme

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?

I confirmed 120V power to unit, checked breakers and fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All instruction in the manual states to turn off at front control panel first. It will not shut off.

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/16/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me several mins to type a response...

Robert

SO have you checked the fuses on the circuit board for the fridge? The circuit board will be under the outside access panel.

IF it is saying AC/NO it is not sensing the AC power. Need to check the outlet, if the outlet has power remove the cord from the outlet and pull the cover on the circuit board and make sure the fuse is not blown. You will have an AC fuse and DC fuse. Do not touch the AC fuse with it plugged in.

IF you want to shut power off you will have DC power and ground going into the circuit board, remove the wires from the board and that will accomplish the same thing. OR pull the DC fuse on the board.

IF you want to check things out and get back to me that is fine, I am around daily and respond when I can.....

Robert

If you are unsure where to disconnect the 12 volt supply from the board please let me know and I can send you a service manual on this, all follow ups are included..

Robert

I unscrewed the control board panel from the front of the refrigerator and unplugged it. Of course it stopped. I plugged in again and it went right back to blinking no/AC fault and alarming.Might it be necessary to purchase a replacement Norcold board kit p/n 633299?

That is NOT the control board that is the upper display board, the main control board is outside under the outside access panel the DC supply wires will connect to the board. On the board if you remove the cover will be 2 fuses, one for DC power or what allows the fridge to turn ON and one for the AC power or what allows it to work on DC power. I would disconnect the DC supply wires going on the board, by unplugging what you did probably did not help because power was still going to the circuit board. I would also unplug the fridge and check the fuses on the board. IF the AC fuse was blown you would get that code.

Please let me know if you need more help on this.......

I am not sure if you need a part yet, it is a process of elimination.

I am going to give you a service manual you really need to troubleshoot the code you are seeing, click HERE for the service manual.

I am not a fan of throwing parts at things, it is possible the upper display panel is the problem or the lower main board.

I hope this points you in the right direction, please let me know if you have anymore questions.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Phone call session started