RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need to replace a dometic RM 2552 fridge with a Norcold…

Hi, I need...

Hi, I need to replace a dometic RM 2552 fridge with a Norcold N510 and was wondering if the door trim is shipped fixed or loose, we had to remove the fridge door to remove the RM 2552 from camper as it was 1/2" too wide.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Dometic RM 2552 year 1999 Product #(###) ###-####01

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think if the door comes fixed I will have to remove the camper door/ frame

5/16/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You should be able to remove the door on the N510 as well they make it removable so you can change the hinge for whatever side you want to use, click HERE and it will show you how to remove the door. I am showing the RM 2552 and the N510 are identical in size.

Hope this helps, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

ROBERT

The trim flange is the problem I had to cut the adhesive to remove the flange to remove the fridge from the camper.and I was wondering if the fridge is shipped with the flange glued in place, then I will have to remove the camper door to get the new one in.

Understand..... I just looked at a parts break down and that is a fixed piece, click HERE and have a look. If it was removable it would show up on the listing.

I have run into this before as a tech where you have to pull a window or take the door frame apart, they put all the appliances inside the RV before the walls and everything else goes up, they do not think about service.

I hope this answers your question, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
I will remove the door frame. Thanks