RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Refrigerator was powered off for 5 days. Now will not get…

Refrigerator was powered off...

Refrigerator was powered off for 5 days. Now will not get below 45 degrees.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No blockage in outside compartment. Freezer temp 15 degrees

5/14/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the fridge??? The more information you can provide the better we can assist you...

ROBERT

norcold n1095 2 way rv refrigerator

OK

Please give me several mins to type a response, it takes time to respond back....

Robert

no

No you would not like me to respond or NO on a phone service? The company asks customers for calls I have nothing to do with that.

IF you want me to continue please let me know. Robert

no call, please continue

OK...

Got it..... Give me a few mins...

Robert

Few things here....

This could be the thermistor, fan, cooling unit or possibly the door seals.

Get a dollar bill and shut it between the seals on the door, it should not want to fall at all, if it falls it is only an area where warm air can get inside and the box might not be able to achieve it's full cooling capacity. SO check the door seals.

Next I would ohm out the thermistor to make sure it is good. Click HERE and see page 16, this is a service manual and should help you out. Normally when you get the same results on BOTH LP and AC power it could be that thermistor.

You also should have a fan on the back of the fridge, it is on page 30 it should be cycling on and off if the fan is not coming on then it can cause this problem.

Finally if the cooling unit was partially blocked the fridge may not cool off properly. The freezer will always get cold long before the box will so it is very possible to have a blocked cooling unit even though the freezer is cold. What you could try is to tap the absoerber coils with a rubber mallet that sometimes will help.

Look the service manual over I sent you it should help you out. The key is if you get the SAME results on both LP and AC power. IF it is cooling better on one source please let me know ASAP....

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page....

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic