RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The alarm is going off how do we shut off propane. We

Customer Question
The alarm is going...

The alarm is going off how do we shut off propane

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

We arehere by ourselves and don’t know how to turn propane off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2016 forest river wildcat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We turned off the gas to the refrigerator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We flipped a switch in the bathroom that we think is the hot water heater button

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
Is anyone thereWe found the propane tanks and have turned them offWe reset the safe t alert alarm but it is still going off
5/13/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

S​orry for the delay in someone getting to your question! We don't have many techs on site in the middle of the night. It is only 5:44 a.m. here in California right now. Do you still need some assistance in tracking down the cause of this alarm? Did you actually smell propane leaking or not? If not, the alarm may have gone bad or the incoming DC voltage to it dropped and it will set them off. That usually happens when you dry camp and are not charging the batteries from either shore power or the generator (if you have one). I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you further here in getting to the correct solution. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!