RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I twisted my 1996 nu wa fifth wheel slide out and now it…

I twisted my 1996...

I twisted my 1996 nu wa fifth wheel slide out and now it won't go out i had gotten it stuck on the power cord for the lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The lights are for living room and dining lights on the slide out ceiling

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '96 RV?

Its a nu wa hitchhiker

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have the cord untangled but it is still twisted on the one slide out area it is in (the dining room slide) but the living room slide is only half way in and now i notice that the slide is now also stuck on door handles of the enternainment center

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

C​an you attach a photo of that area so I can see what it looks like. How far out of being the same on both sides is the slide? Measure it from each side on the same place to the wall of the coach and tell me what you have.

no i am not at the camper but i just found out that the slide out is rotted and that is why it is twisted i am on a permanent campsite so i have no way of getting it in so i have someone coming out to look at it. thanks for answeringno

You are most welcome! Please get back to me if you need some advice on that repair. I have an RV repair shop and do these kinds of repairs all the time.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification