RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a dometic DM2652 and it is to cold in the refrigerator.

Have a dometic DM2652...

Have a dometic DM2652 and it is to cold in the refrigerator

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Keystone Cougar 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

First electric didn't work but the propane would. Now both are working, no explanation why, but the frig is running at 30 degrees

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have the turmistor pushed all the way down

5/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Part of the problem may be in the thermistor itself. When they fail they can allow either over cooling or not cooling enough. It can be easily tested using a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores for under $20. I can direct you in this. That and a glass of ice water and a few minutes and we can see if that is the problem. I am adding a link to the Dometic Service Manual for this model. Print this out so you have it. See that section on testing the thermistor. http://www.nancyemmert.com/region6/Resources/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Get back to me if you need help on this or we need to dig deeper into the cause of it not working on AC mode. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. I am around every day here.

How do you test the thermistor?

In the manual. Put the fridge end in a glass of ice water and disconnect the plug on the upper left hand corner of the board. Bottom plug with two leads. Use a multimeter and check the ohms. It should be between 7K and 10K ohms.

What is the difference between a DM2652 and a RM2652?

Basically the same unit. Nothing really changed. Same parts.

Just checking back in to see how this checked out?

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification