RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2007 Coachman Freelander 2600 m/h. This weekend, I…

I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Coachman Freelander 2600 m/h. This weekend, I was on shore power making coffee and lost 120vac to the circuit near the stove and under the table. I tried re-setting the GFCI in the bathroom, with no result. Is there another GFCI reset somewhere? Or is it somewhere else? Thanks, Bill

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

First time loss, power is still out to these plugs. If there's another reset, I don't know where it is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Freelander yourself? What have you tried so far?

The manual says to reset the GFCI's. The only plug I can find with one is in the bathroom. As you can tell, I'm trying to fix it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have the manual, but not an electrical schematic, so am unable to find the problem. Thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/2/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me a few mins to type a response.....

Robert

SO getting any kind of wiring diagrams can be a chore, IF I had any I would give them to you.

First thing to do is go to your breaker panel and cycle all the breakers OFF and back ON one at a time, sometimes a breaker can trip and not look like it. (understand if you tried this)

As a general rule they like to stick the GFCI'S in the bathroom and or galley but they can be located about anywhere else including the outside so you want to check in all your interior cabinets and in all the outside compartments including the plug in for the fridge (the fridge turns on with DC power not AC power).

IF you do not find any other GFCI'S and the breakers are good then I would start checking each non working outlet starting with the one closest to the breaker panel working away from the panel, look for any melted wires sometimes that can occur in an overload situation.

IT does sound like a tripped GFCI and that is what should happen when you have a overload on the circuit so I would do another search and make sure you are not missing one, if not then check all the outlets, make sure you isolate the AC power first.

Hope this points you in the right direction, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic