RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Where is the power converter located in my 2012 skyline

Customer Question
Where is the power...

Where is the power converter located in my 2012 skyline nomad model 452

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Skyline nomad 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 RV?

452

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

My battery [12v] is not being charged when the trailer is plugged into 110v. so I am trying to see where the converter should be. I bought the trailer used last year out of state so i don't know if someone removed mine or it just isn't working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yes, the battery appears to be brand new

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/1/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I am pretty sure your power converter is part of the load center, the load center is where the fuses and breakers are located, it should have a plastic cover that swings down to expose the breakers and fuses. There should be a sticker on it, if you can tell me the make and model number I should be able to tell if that is your converter and send you some troubleshooting.

IF you need time to look that is fine, I am around daily and respond when I can...

Robert

I am not near my trailer,but I can tell you when i look at the breaker box in the bedroom of the trailer there is nothing else in that space . someone else said it might be behind the breaker box, I don't think that is possible nor would I think someone would make it so inaccessable

The converter will actually be part of the breaker/fuse panel or stand alone and plug into an outlet. The stand alone style can be about anywhere, it is about the size of a shoe box and plugs into an outlet, it could be under the stove, fridge etc. The stand alone type will have two fuses on it.

You also want to look near the battery and make sure you do not have a tripped breaker, below is a picture, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery, most have a tiny tab on them that will pop out when they trip. To test with a volt meter you would want to see the same voltage on each post to chassis ground. IF one side reads much higher it could be the problem.

IF you want to get back to me at a later time that is fine, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can.... Robert

Breaker.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert