RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Dometic RV refrigerator will not power up. I changed the…

My Dometic RV refrigerator...

My Dometic RV refrigerator will not power up. I changed the 12v battery, and it did start up but then quit. It will not start back up, don't even have lights.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes several years ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

I have a 30 ft. Cedar Creek, by Forest River 2006 modle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have checked the power supply with a meter and have 110v at the plug. I have 12v to the control card.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that after changing the battery it light up and cool for a short while

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/26/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the model number of the Dometic?

And you say it did run for awhile and now the control panel is OFF, the interior light is not ON?

Robert

I will have to retrieve the model number for you. Yes it quit on me last year, after changing the battery it did power up. I left it on over night and when I went out the next day the freezer was cool and there was no power to the unit.

IF it ran for awhile and then shut off meaning the control panel is not coming on check your flue canister and make sure the high limit is not tripped, most doemtics have a high limit on the vertical flue canister and when that trips it cuts power to the fridge, below is a picture. IT will have a tiny button in the center that pops out when it trips. Not sure of your model but most have that, if that is not tripped unplug the cord from the outlet and remove the cover on the circuit board which is also located under the outside access panel, on the board are some fuses, one fuse is for the DC power or what allows the fridge to turn on.

IF you still need more help please get me the model number.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.... ROBERT

High Limit.

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Phone call session started