RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Brand new Jayco camper with Norcold frig. Turned it on Auto…

Brand new Jayco camper...

Brand new Jayco camper with Norcold frig. Turned it on Auto and clean light is blinking 6 times in 3 seconds. Can not find anything in book about 6 blinks. What is wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It is the clean light on Auto. No it blinks 6 times every 3 seconds, stays on then blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2018 Jayco feather light

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

This is the first time we have used it. We hooked it up and bought it home. I turned the frig on today to let it cool so I could stock it for our camping trip.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yesm it was suppose to be a brand new battery. It has not been on since we pulled it home 2 months ago, the battery is dead and we are having to charge it to lower the tongue in order to hook up to the truck.

4/22/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me a few mins to type a response.

Robert

The only time I have seen a flashing 6 code is if the high limit is tripped, look on the flue canister under the outside access panel for some smaller wires going to a small disc, in the center of the disc is a tiny button that will pop out when it trips see picture below. They are starting to go away from that style to a diode and it might be possible you have the diode instead of the re-settable disc style. IF that is the case and it is a 2018 I would have it looked at under warranty as there may be a problem and an issues should be covered.

Hope this helps some... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Also if you see a small black box on the back of the fridge with a led and the led is ON please let me know asap, the light would be red.

The fridge also works on DC power so make sure the battery voltage is about 12 volts or the fridge might have problems.

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns, if you still need more help please get me the model of the fridge.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Robert I am a woman and not a very mechanically inclined one. I am okay with the inside if the camper but do not have a clue about the outsidewe had it plugged into a receptable but could it not be enough electricity and the battery was dead and would not pull it

Outside in the same area where the fridge is located from the inside you will have a removable panel. After that panel is removed you will see the vertical flue canister, look on the canister for that high limit in the picture I sent. IF you see a small black box with a led on it please let me know if the light is on.

You may have to get this looked at under warranty for this code if you do not see that high limit or that small box with the led on it, if you see that box and the light is ON I can explain how to get it off.

The fridge runs off of DC power not AC power, that means it does not matter if the fridge is plugged into the outlet to turn on the circuit board requires DC voltage to work which is from the battery, if the battery is dead then the fridge may not work.

IF you still need help please get me the model, should be a sticker inside the door....