RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1999 Norcold 9 cu. ft. RV refrigerator model N641-IM.

1999 Norcold 9 cu...

1999 Norcold 9 cu. ft. RV refrigerator model N641-IM

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Norcold N641-IM refrigertor in 1999 Born Free RV

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Norcold N641-IM refrigerator in 1999 Born Free RV. On 120 volt shore power freezer 2 degrees F and refrigerator 27 on cold setting 7. On LP freezer 17 and refrigerator 51. Door closed entire time, only contents are two thermomeors in refrigerator and one in freezer. Obviously not getting enough heat from LP burner. Burner replaced four years ago and recently cleaned. Just removed the refrigerator and plunged the flue pipe with a shotgun wire brush with minimal debris collected. Spiral diverter in flue is in place. Is this a computer issue controlling the LP gas? System works fine on 120 volts. RV handyman removed the refrigerator and cleaned the flue which I assisted. I have previously cleaned the burner David Ralph -***@******.***

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is enough to start with

4/15/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This sounds like a LP pressure problem or possibly the orifice for the LP.

When the flame lights off the thermistor inside the fridge controls the cooling, you can ohm that out with a meter to make sure it is good, normally you would have the same problem on both LP and AC but you can still check it to make sure it is good, click HERE and see page 20. Also on page 7 there is a check list you can follow for it not cooling on LP.

I would have the LP pressure checked at the back of the fridge with a manometer, I understand if other items are working but if the pressure was off it can really impact on how the fridge cools on LP. I might also pull the gas orifice and soak it in alcohol make sure it is not gummed up. See page 30 an verify the baffle and heat deflector as well.

Many items can be eliminated off the bat since it is working well on AC power and when you troubleshoot these it is a process of elimination....

Please let me know if you need more help on this.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert