RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2001 Allegro/330 Cat Diesel. The outlets on the…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 Allegro/330 Cat Diesel. The outlets on the driver's side, the hair dryer in the bath and all the basement light are in-op. The manual states that in addition to the bath GFI outlet there is also an additional exteriore GFI outlet that I cannot locate. The fuses are not under the fridge but rather on the dash and appear to be operational.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Ther lights in the storage compartments and all the outlets on the driver's side of the bus.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 RV?

350ABUSOBID007108 Vin#4UZAAHAK31`CJ28227

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am deathly afraid of electronics even tho I spent years in the construction industry, but do know a fuse from a breaker. That is the extent of my talent.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it!

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
4/14/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

C​heck the GFCI outlets first and be sure they aren't tripped. Push the button in to reset them. If they won't reset then there may not be any power coming into them. They are usually controlled by the inverter/charger. Check to see if those breakers were tripped. Most of these will be Magnum or Xantrex models. Hope that points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Where is the 2d GFI outlet on this bus?

One in the kitchen area and one in the bathroom area. May be another one on some models.

Just checking back to see if you located that other GFCI here?

The bath GFI is operational and is on the same side of the bus as the inoperable outlets. The kitchen outlets are not Gfi protected, but as I typed earlier, the manual says the remaining outlet is on the exterior of the bus. I have checked inside and out with no luck. The bus is in my storage facility in Montana about 90 miles from RV maintenance.

By code the kitchen outlets have to be GFCI protected when near the sink. The next step would be to contact Tiffin directly and get the wiring diagrams for this coach. That would show what we need to chase down here. Do you have that phone number?

I was under the impression that I was talking to the Tiffin factory. I may have the wiring diagram in the bus and will check upon my return to Montana.

No. We are all independent of any OEM here. I have an RV repair shop an work on these all the time. I have been on this site for over 8 years and have helped almost 13,000 customers resolve their issues.