RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Where is my hydraulic reservoir located and how do I check…

Where is my hydraulic...

Where is my hydraulic reservoir located and how do I check the levels on a 2006 Itasca sunrise motorhome workhorse chassis

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Not a car it is a 33 ft moterhome trying to find out where the resoervor for the hydraulic fluid is located

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

It is a Itasca sunrise workhourse chassie

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, all I need is the LOCATION OF HYDRAULIC FLUID RESERVOIRS AND HOW I CAN CHICK IT

Answered in 1 hour by:
4/10/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Open the storage compartment door behind driver’s side front tire, you should see the pump/motor for the jacks, it will be a square box and on the top of that is a silver knurled knob you remove to check the fluid. The oil reservoir is part of the pump/manifold assembly. The oil level is checked and filled through the breather cap. Clear any dirt and debris away from the breather/filler cap before removing. The oil level should be between the two marks on the breather cap dipstick. Dexron automatic transmission fluid can be used and you always want to check the fluid level with the jacks retracted, as the jacks retract the fluids gets pushed back to the tank..

IF you still need more help please let me know...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

ROBERT

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic