RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Thanks for being there. I have a Country Coach 2007 Allure…

Hi, thanks for being...

Hi, thanks for being there. I have a Country Coach 2007 Allure which I have owned for a year now. ;It is an Allure 470 40' 4 slides. The coach wanders all over the road requiring a lot of steering which has really exacerbated my arthritus returning from Florida. What kind of shop would be able to fix this wander problem? New Good year tires were put on this February, alignment was done last year.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

The tires are new, just replaced in February

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, i'm not doing itmyself but I don't know where to take it. Would freightliner handle this?

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me a few mins to type a response....

SO I suspect a Cummins or Freightliner shop can troubleshoot this for you. I would be looking at your front sway bar bushings the sway bar end links on the front and have a shop verify the ride height. The sway bar links cost 63 through country coach and the large sway bar bushings cost about 18 dollars if they need to be replaced, a shop is going to mark them up. I just got done working for Country Coach tech support about a month ago. IF you call in ask for Greg and he should be able to send you all the specs for the alignment and the ride height specs. If the end links were broken or a bracket broke for the sway bar bushing you might have this problem, if the ride height is off it can cause problems, worn shocks, wrong air pressure in the tires etc. IF the shop says you need parts I would see if Country Coach has them in stock as they are going to mark them up. Country Coach also has the ability to overnight with UPS.

I would get a hold of them ask for Greg or Art and tell them you need the specs for the ride height and alignment they should be able to send you that info via email.

I hope this helps you out, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page

Thanks.... RJ

re yu talking Greg or Art from County Coach and how do I contact them?

YES..... Country Coach is now owned by Winnebago, but they still offer Parts and Tech Support for owners, I just left there about a month ago and Greg is the man when it comes to getting any info. They can be reached at (###) ###-####ask for Greg in technical support. They do work off a call back log and can take a day to reply, when you call make sure you give them your coach number OR VIN and a detailed message to what you are looking for.....

Also Country Coach does have a service center in Junction City OR, the waiting list is pretty long if you are considering that. They do have some good chassis techs there.

Hope this helps out, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page... RJ

Let me know if you need more help on this, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thank you I’m going to freightliner tues