RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have dmr702 fridge door pushed shut with flap out. how do…

Customer Question
I have dmr702 fridge...

I have dmr702 fridge door pushed shut with flap out. how do I get door open?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2018 rockwood 2618vs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '18 RV?

Ultra v

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to , tried flat screwdriver from the top to release the carch but afraid to force it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that is it I don't think I should force the latch or try to pull on it. I tried to remove door handle but gave up on that , did not want to damage it.

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: RV
4/3/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 18 days ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
ok

Not sure what the "flap out" means here. Can you attach a photo of that to your post? Once I see it I can offer a solution. I have an RV shop and work on these all the time.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Ok when you return and your fridge is cold you flip this small flap and it prevents the door from sealing therefore you do not get mold. I forgot and pushed it shut. Tried to release it but I didn’t know the correct way to do it . I am not at the location of the trailer right now.

So the door is in the ordinary closed position and you just need to get it back open?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
but the piece that flips out to prevent the door from sealing is engaged and door is completely shut.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Do not want to force it open!

You will still need to open up the door the same way unless you want to remove the door from the hinge side. That might not work on that model.

A photo of that would really help.

I got the photo and I have to say this is the first time I have ever seen that happen. Let me give Dometic a call in the morning and ask them for some help here. They may have an idea or heard of this before. I can also ask them about parts availability.

I teach a class at the JC on Tuedays so I will be out until about 9 p.m or so Pacific time.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Ok thanks

I will report back in the morning..........

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thanks

10-4

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Anything yet?
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 17 days ago

Waiting on line for my turn........

Looking into it now. Apparently not a problem they are used to hearing about.

They said there is no way to get that open without prying it open. Hinges are accessable. The good news is that the part is available. I need the product # in order to get you a part number.

That is on the inside on the wall unless you have it written down.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Pry on what? Yesterday I was told to remove the two screws on side of handle but that didn’t seem to do anything!

There is no other way to get that open. She said this is the first time anyone has reported this. She knows it will be tough to get that out. Sounds like they will have to rethink this. Most fridges don't have any tab like that.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Well that doesn't tell me much, pry on what, I was told yesterday to remove 2 screws on side of handle but did not seem to be the answer.

I think you might want to call in a mobile tech to try this for you. If you mess that door up they are about $400 to replace.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 13 days ago

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get the door open?

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic