RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My black water tank is leaking,how do I get to it to fix it.

Customer Question
My black water tank...

My black water tank is leaking,how do I get to it to fix it. It is a 3355RL 2000 model.

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

It is sewage coming through the bottom of the trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 RV?

3255RL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't know how to get to the tank

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is a mess underneath

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: RV
4/3/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 17 days ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

The belly pan has to be taken loose to check that. Usually you can do that by just taking one side loose by the drain valves and look up there. Most tanks leak around where the drain line attaches. They crack there. The best fix is to replace it with a polypropylene tank and not with another ABS tank. Hope that points you in the right direction. Please get back to me when you get to see in there and I can offer more. All follow ups are included in our one time fee.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 15 days ago

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic