RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Got a fleetwood 2004 pop up camper, lights work when im plug…

Customer Question
Hello got a fleetwood...

Hello got a fleetwood 2004 pop up camper , lights work when im plug in the house but the battier does not run lights when unplug from power from house how i fix this

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Hello you there

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to fugure out how the battier runs lights with out the power cable from the house

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This could be a low battery issue, tripped breaker or problem with the power converter.

When you are plugged into power the power converter will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage and charge the battery. You should have close to 14 volts when you are plugged in and around 12.5 volts when you are unplugged.

IF the voltage is good then follow the battery cables and look for a tripped breaker, below is a picture, some are thermal and self reset and others have a tiny tab on them that pops out when they trip, as a general rule any would be 18" from the battery. To test with a volt meter you would want to see the same voltage on each post to chassis ground (not across the post). IF you do not see any or the voltage is good across the posts then I suspect the converter is not switching over to battery power and would need to be replaced.

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

ROBERT

Breaker, normally 18" from the battery....

Was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert