RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic refridgerator model CU949E that will not…

I have a Dometic...

I have a Dometic refridgerator model CU949E that will not turn off the LP mode and run on electric, what do I need to do or check

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

It's an Alpine and the yr. is 11

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 RV?

It's a 3500re, but I have just put this refriderator in because the one that came in the camper went bad. This refridgerator was a new one that a camper place had for sale that had NEVER been installed and has been setting in the storage area

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We put the fridge in today and it will only come on, on the lp mode. It was put in by a fellow that works on rv's

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I just want it to work on the electric and LP not just the LP

4/2/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you recheck that model number, Normally inside the door will be a sticker, most Dometics start with a RM OR DM and then number.

Thanks, Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
No I can't because the rv is at the rv park and I'm at home. I got that number off the back of the fridge
Phone call session started