RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a diesel cat 7 motorhome. 2005 Tiffin Pheaton. I

Customer Question
I have a diesel...

I have a diesel cat 7 motorhome. 2005 Tiffin Pheaton. I shorted out the cig lighter which shorted out the engine. I haVe checked all fuses and called Tiffin and freightliner. They think it is the emergency shutoff breaker on the cat diesel engine. I can not find this circut breaker. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes, one under the center council ona one in the drivers side front which has the chassis fuses and one under the refrig. I did find blown fuse but the ignition is totally dead. I the house equipment is not affected.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 RV?

Tiffin phaeton diesel 40 foot 2. Slide outs. Both work

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Phaeton yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes , I can not start the R V. I have checked all fuses according tl my Tiffin repair manual and the freightliner repair manual. I hav called bot Tiffin in Alabama and freight liner assistance center. I requested a wireing diagram but my fax will not recieve???

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that about it. I have been underthe cat 7 engineseveral times and on top of the engine through the bedroom hatch.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Have you had any success in locating the breaker? Sent Apr 2 .
Answered in 1 day by:
4/3/2018
RV Mechanic: Fix-it.., Commercial Transport Technician replied 3 months ago
Fix-it..
Fix-it.., Commercial Transport Technician

Good evening

if this is on a FCCC,please give me the last 6 of the vin please..

U86828

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcut622b1s2fwrg/D06-48461________________A_.001%5B1%5D_1.jpg?dl=0

Hit the link, That fuse / relay center is were you will find your problem..should be located around the battery box,Is this the fuse box you have found already ?

If so,we may have to do some voltage checks at the ecm

I will click call me in the morning as I am asleep and I couldn’t check the RV at night
I think freight liner has a wireing diagram. They tried to FAX it to me but my fax didn’t work

please click the link i gave you !!!

its the diagram you need

I was on the phone most of the day with Tiffin MH elect. Jessie and he thinks my problem is a fuse. I will work on ringing out th lines and I will check in tomorrow if I am still stuck. I can not hear on the tel and that’s why I avoid the tel. Thanks. I’ll be in contact

ok

I am sorry I tried the schematic but to no avail. I rechecked all known fuses. I don't know if there are any under the dash. I checked the ones under the fridge, under the center council, and outside under the drivers seat. I have made 6 trips under the rig looking bfor a fuse on the engine. No luck. My home phone is(###) ###-#### Dick